Monday, 11 June 2012

Can't draw arms/hands! STILL!


I've been trying to break away from drawing all neat and "one-line"y lately, and adopting this kind of fast, sketchy style like above - and I really like it. This is more the way I draw with pencil&paper, and somehow it never occurred to me that I could draw with my tablet like it too, but now I can and it feels pretty awesome!

Obviously roller derby. I debated making her a zombie, but then held back. She's just got zombie eyes. Oh, and no arms because I can't draw arms/hands properly and I had no idea what position they should be in, so I just left it. Maybe I'll come back to it later and finish her off. I'm actually really proud of this one, no-one else'll think so, but I like it. I need to look into poses and anatomy more, so maybe I can actually end up drawing a whole person one day.

Speaking of roller derby, I bought new skates last week! Expensive Vanilla Brass Knuckle skates, which need to come from America, but oh god they are so pretty. I just hope they fit, because skate sizing is strange I ordered a size down from my usual size, so fingers crossed I can fit in a 5. If not the site I bought them from has free refunds/exchanges so it's no big deal, but it would be nice for them to be awesome right out of the box! Which means I need to sell my old starter skates, hopefully I can get about £45-50 for them as I bought them for £75 but have properly scuffed them (because I fall over a lot), but they're still good for a rookie.

..And then I drew Sailor Moon! From memory! See what I mean about arms? Eesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment